Am I Eligible for Township Assistance and what documentation do I need to provide.
In order to be eligible to receive Township assistance, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of Franklin Township
- Be in need of basic necessities
- Have little or no income or assets
- Be willing to help yourself as much as possible
- Client must be actively seeking employment.
The application process
Call our office for an appointment prior to coming in person or submitting an application in Franklin Township. If you need assistance, please contact a caseworker at 317-780-1700.
Normal business hours: Mon. – Thur. 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Fri. 8:00 AM – 4:00PM.
If you are more than 15 minutes late for an appointment for an in-person appointment, your appointment may be rescheduled. Please call so that we can adjust your appointment.
This office operates under the Township Assistance Eligibility Standards for Franklin Township Marion County, in addition to State and Federal laws.
What documentation must I have
What happens after I apply
- All adult members of the household will be required to sign all necessary documents.
- The Household income and/or liquid resources combined, such as bonds, stocks, saving or checking accounts or (CD)
Certificate of Deposits cannot exceed the Income Standards